What is Intellectual Property?
Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols, names, images, and designs used in commerce. Intellectual property is divided into two categories: Industrial property, which includes inventions (patents), trademarks, industrial designs, and geographic indications of source; and Copyright, which includes literary and artistic works such as novels, poems and plays, films, musical works, artistic works such as drawings, paintings, photographs and sculptures, and architectural designs. Rights related to copyright include those of performing artists in their performances, producers of phonograms in their recordings, and those of broadcasters in their radio and television programs.
Authors, artists, inventors and start-ups depend upon their creative works and inventions for survival in this economy. The goal of Opara Law PC is to help you enforce your intellectual property rights.
As a Intellectual Property Law Firm Opara Law PC provides legal services in all areas of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks Attorney and copyrights. Our Intellectual Property Group provides comprehensive and specialized advice and legal services in all aspects of domestic and international intellectual property rights, including Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights and Trade Secrets, each of which is briefly explained below.
Our Services Include:
- Patent infringement opinions
- Patent availability and validity opinions
- Patent filing and prosecutions
- Registration of Trademarks and Copyrights
- Acquisition and exploitation of Trademarks and Copyrights
- Protection and enforcement of Trademarks and Copyrights
- Development & securing of goodwill and trade secrets
- Protection of corporate and business names
- Trademark clearance searches & risk analysis
- Protection of logos, label, design and packaging
- Trademark oppositions & cancellation proceedings
- Drafting licensing agreements for transfer of technology