Accident Benefits are benefits you can receive from an insurance company regardless of who is at fault. Following a car accident you should complete an “Application for accident benefits” form. The amount of compensation to which you are entitled to is dependent on your circumstances and is governed by SABS (Statutory accident benefits schedule). While accidents happen all the time, Opara Law PC will take the time to help you understand your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Accidents can result from;
- Motor vehicle accidents (Cars, Trucks, motorcycles, boats, etc).
When you are injured in an automobile accident you can be entitled to benefits either from your own insurance or from the other party, regardless of who is at fault.
The accident benefit insurer is:
- Your own insurer
- The insurer of the vehicle in which you were a passenger
- The insurer of any other vehicle involved in the accident
- The Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (MVACF) set up by the government of Ontario.
For more details visit http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_960403_e.htm
In General, what you may claim are:
- Death and funeral expenses.
- Income Replacement.
- Caregiver Benefits.
- Non Earner Benefits.
- Attendant care benefits.
- Housekeeping and home maintenance benefits.
- Medical and rehabilitation benefits.
- Travel and other expenses.
For more details of Financial services commission of Ontario (FSCO) visit www.fsco.gov.on.ca